Excuses Excuses

Well, I've been a huge slacker.

I haven't exercised in a very long time. Days. Many days.

First, I was a single parent for a long weekend and those few moments of peace that exist during nap time were needed to relax, not work out.

Then, I was in pain. Serious pain.

I went to the Emergency Room yesterday morning because the pain in my stomach was so intense that I thought I was dying. Is my appendix ruptured? Do I have gallstones? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?

After many, many, hours waiting around, I was given my diagnosis: Gastritis.

Typically, people who have gastritis are heavy drinkers, smokers, regular anti-inflammatory medicine takers, and poor eaters. I am none of those things. Especially recently.

So, my stomach still hurts. I am taking prescription strength pepcid and have been told to follow a "bland" diet for two weeks.

Needless to say, Shredding probably won't happen for a few more days. The thought of clenching my abdominal muscles is enough to make me want to throw up, so I have a feeling that actually doing so would not be a good idea.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this post at work... and wrote a nice long comment... but then work-internet restrictions kicked in and I couldn't post it. Very frustrating! Here we go again:

1st, I hope you're feeling better, and I'm really sorry about the diagnosis. From what I've read, gastritis (and other tummy problems) can be caused by way more than a poor diet and lifestyle. Other causes can include a bacterial imbalance, stress, or sickness/infections. Didn't you just get over a bad tummy bug?

I hope the mild diet is going well. One thing that I really appreciated about it is that it cleans your palate, and even simple foods taste ... more. Let me know if you ever need a hand with menus... but hopefully none of this will last that long.

A lot of people believe very strongly in probiotics (controlled portions cultured dairy, such as yogurt and kefir) to restore the bacterial balance in your gut. I am a fan because it is an inexpensive homeopathic route to wellness, and even though I have to take prescription drugs anyway, I consider it just one other good and easy thing to help my body heal.

Hope this goes away fast and doesn't return. :)

Post a Comment